Our Core Purpose: Empower Potential
Our Key Aims:
- Enable children to be the best they can be
- Build curiosity, resilience and passion
- Constantly strive for quality
- To be recognised as a ‘centre of excellence: a continuously improving, outward facing, ambitious and forward thinking provider of world class education for children
The curriculum at Ling Moor Primary Academy is aligned to the vision of the Priory Federation of Academies and driven by our passion to empower potential, enabling our learning community to be the best that it can be.
There are three clear strands to our curriculum:
· Ensuring that children are provided with a diverse range of stimulating ‘real life’ learning experiences through a rich and balanced curriculum. A curriculum which is flexible and responsive to local circumstances and to children’s interests and enthusiasms, and which provides them with the bedrock to enable them to be successful in the next stages of their education and the confidence to grasp their life chances.
· Ensuring that the moral development of our children is supported through a focus on the values which drive positive and safe, behaviour and relationships.
· Ensuring that the children develop the skills and become empowered to become a ‘Ling Moor Learner’ – risk takers, independent, resilient, committed, respectful, supportive, responsible, self-belief, perseverance, stamina, empathy, generous in thought, confident
The curriculum is designed to be creative, exciting and skills focussed. To ensure that children enjoy their experiences at school, we teach through a cross curricular approach, using real-life learning, visitors and educational visits.
We believe that learning should be serious fun – something that you enjoy whilst setting yourself the highest of expectations. Our children take ownership of their learning and our innovative curriculum is driven by each child's needs, interests and skills. We encourage our pupils to explore and apply their thinking in many different ways.
We aim for high standards in speaking, listening, reading, writing, mathematics and ICT to ensure that our pupils are equipped with the vital skills necessary to succeed in life. In addition, our 'Values' curriculum provides opportunities to help children develop their morality and spirituality through focussed activities, assembly times and special events and visitors.